When I interviewed Joe Petricca on this podcast about his career and his short film A Meditation, I found out exactly why his film won awards. Joe has spent 25 years in academia at the American Film Institute while working as a professional screenwriter on the side, always with an eye on filmmaking again. It would have been shocking had A Meditation not turned out so well.
And it would be just as shocking if his DIF4Q didn’t impress.
What is DIF4Q? It’s the Discover Indie Film Four Questions.
- Name your favorite film of all time (limit 3)
- Name a film you think is underrated
- Name a film you think is overrated
- Name a lesser-known film that you think people should seek out
Joe is a lifelong lover of cinema, so I knew his answers were going to be great. What were they? (I list them now so that people can search this website for who mentioned which films.)
- Favorites: The Magnificent Ambersons, Carrie, Holy Motors
- Underrated: The Great Wall
- Overrated: Blade Runner
- Seek Out: Tape
Comments are blocked on this website. To discuss Discover Indie Film episodes, visit the Facebook Group.