Jonah Mazer is a director and cinematographer whose filmography keeps growing and growing… and he’s in High School. His excellent short film Life After screened at Film Invasion Los Angeles in June 2018 and he approached me at that festival to ask if he could do some work for the next fest. I took him up on it and he was a huge help at the Sherman Oaks Film Festival that November. Jonah came on board the Sherman Oaks Film Festival team and was a great help. And the jury also selected his newer short film I Am An Artist with its remarkable drone cinematography as an Official Selection at SOFF 2018.
But we had to have some fun, too, so he came in to record a DIF4Q podcast.
Also, if you want to see some of his work, check out Jonah’s YouTube and Vimeo.
What is DIF4Q? It’s the Discover Indie Film Four Questions.
- Name your favorite film of all time (limit 3)
- Name a film you think is underrated
- Name a film you think is overrated
- Name a lesser-known film that you think people should seek out
What were Jonah’s DIF4Q answers?
- Favorites: Baby Driver, Grand Budapest Hotel, Rear Window
- Underrated: Okja (Netflix), Super Dark Times
- Overrated: Dunkirk, Downsizing
- Seek Out: Mister Nobody
Comments are blocked on this website. To discuss Discover Indie Film episodes, visit the Facebook Group.
You can listen to the podcast using the media player below or on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, or Stitcher.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS