When I interviewed Joe Petricca on this podcast about his career and his short film A Meditation, I found out exactly why his film won awards. Joe has spent 25 years in academia at the American Film Institute while working as a professional screenwriter on the side, always with an eye on filmmaking again. It would have been shocking had A Meditation not turned out so well.
And it would be just as shocking if his DIF4Q didn’t impress.
What is DIF4Q? It’s the Discover Indie Film Four Questions.
- Name your favorite film of all time (limit 3)
- Name a film you think is underrated
- Name a film you think is overrated
- Name a lesser-known film that you think people should seek out
Joe is a lifelong lover of cinema, so I knew his answers were going to be great. What were they? (I list them now so that people can search this website for who mentioned which films.)
- Favorites: The Magnificent Ambersons, Carrie, Holy Motors
- Underrated: The Great Wall
- Overrated: Blade Runner
- Seek Out: Tape
Comments are blocked on this website. To discuss Discover Indie Film episodes, visit the Facebook Group.
You can listen to the podcast using the media player below or on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, or Stitcher.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS